World Diabetes Day
Since 1991, every year the IDF or the International Diabetes Federation and WHO has set November 14 as DIABETES DAY. And in 2007, diabetes day is officially world diabetes day on the UN agenda
WHY 14 NOVEMBER ?
To commemorate the birth doctor FREDERICK BANTING, one of insulin inventor that had saved the lives of millions of diabetes in the world.
90 years since Dr.Banting discovered insulin, despite less of diabetes problems, it turned out even more complex.
Ironically, in the midst of incessant of healthy living information to reduce the occurrence of diabetes, the number of people with diabetes in developing countries, including INDONESIA continue to grow, even the number of diabetes patients in Indonesia placed fourth rank in the world.
WHAT’S ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO INDONESIAN SOCIETY ?
Apparently, survey proves that Indonesian society has a lifestyle that is very harmful for health. Besides they also RARELY even ALMOST NEVER do action that’s very supportive to prevent diabetes mellitus, such as the use of bicycles and walk to do daily activities. In addition, they lack of information about diabetes since they’re in school.
Diabetes is a disease whose complications almost attack to all over the body. For instance, blindness as the most feared complication of a heart attacks, as threatening complication, stroke causes impotence, and impotence is the most feared by all men.
WHAT IS DIABETES MELITUS ACTUALLY ?
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is a condition in where the body can’t regulate the amount of sugar in the blood so that glucose or sugar that is normally transported to the body cells as an energy source, scattered in the blood stream instead, even wasted in the urine. Regulation of blood sugar by the body is done with the help of the hormone insulin from the pancreas.
WHAT CAUSES A PERSON GET DIABETES MELLITUS ?
There are two main factors that cause diabetes mellitus
- Because of heredity (only a little)
- Because eating too much fat, carbohydrate, and protein (85-90%)
Meanwhile, according to Ayurveda main cause of Diabetes is a diet / unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, excessive sleep, and stress.
CONSIST OF TWO TYPES OF DIABETES:
Type 1 Diabetes which occur because the body is unable to produce insulin, so patients need injections of insulin every day to control blood sugar levels.
Diabetes could have known from an early age and occurs in children and adolescents. It has rapid development. Be careful to obesity children, uncontrolled appetite, and hungry easily.
In type 2 diabetes, the pancreas produces insulin, but the body’s cells do not respond normally. This type of diabetes is usually associated with obesity and some cases of pregnancy and usually infect people over 30.
Currently the highest diabetes prevalence in the world, including in Indonesia (around 85-90%) is Type 2, which occurs because of mistake in DIET and LIFESTYLE
As it’s been explained, that high blood sugar levels for a long time will eventually lead to damage to blood vessels and nerves that lead to impaired function of the eyes, kidneys and nerves and increase the risk of heart attack, stroke and impotence.
In type 2 diabetes, blood sugar control can be done through changes in lifestyle and diet. According to various studies, these changes proved reducing the risk of diabetes effectively. Therefore, it is very important for you to realize when diabetes already exists within you.
A person is said to be suffering from diabetes when blood sugar levels above 120 mg / dl (fasting) or 160 mg / dl (not fasting). However, the symptoms are seen when blood sugar level is above 200 mg / dl. Don’t rely on symptoms to determine the presence of diabetes. The only accurate way to find out is to test the blood and urine.
SYMPTOMS OR BEGINNING SIGNS THAT COMMONLY HAPPEN:
- Often feel hungry, especially at night
- Thirst continuously
- Increased frequency of urination
- Fatigue, sleepy easily
- Body feels itchy, especially in women groin
- Feel burnt or numbness in the feet
- Indigestion, loss of appetite, cold and prolonged cold, excessive sleeping, frequent vomiting tendency
- Pain in the bladder and urinary tract, pain in the testicles, fever, burning sensation, thirst, a sour taste in the mouth, dizziness, insomnia, tremors, heavy cough, difficulty breathing, constipation
If already got diabetes, it can cause damage to all organs of our body, because oxygen is difficult to get into the cells as the cells are filled with sugar, while insulin was hardly able to be produced by the pancreas.
f already got diabetes mellitus, patients will begin to feel
– Eye fading
– Hearing loss
– Decreased sexual function
– The teeth fall out easily, wobbly or loose
– Health complications.
WHO IS MORE LIKELY HAS THE RISK OF DIABETES MELLITUS ?
- Those who can’t control their appetite
- Those who don’t want to have a healthy lifestyle
- Those who have a family history of diabetes mellitus
- Mothers who had delivered babies over 4 kgs
- Chronic liver patients
- Ever had diabetes mellitus levels above 160
- Those who are too old to consume synthetic chemical medicines
THAT’S VERY SCARY !
DOES AYURVEDA AV HAS A SOLUTION FOR THIS CASE ?
And has helped many people with diabetes.
As initial step before curing diabetes is cleaning metabolism organs such as kidneys, liver and large intestine.
In this case, the products used are:
- AV URI K 3 x 1
- AV LIV ACT 3 x1
- AV COLEX 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules in the night for 3 days, then the fourth day and further, 2 capsules in the night
Once completed, followed by treatment of diabetes with a note :
– For those with diabetes since childhood and because of heredity, consume AV DIASOL and AV LIV ACT and AV URI K for lifetime is a very wise choice. Since these products will protect you from the worse pancreas and liver damage.
– For those who aren’t too severe, we recommend to consume
V DIASOL, AV LIV ACT, AV GASTRO, AV URI K @ 3 × 1 a day
What are the functions of those products ?
AV DIASOL , repair and optimize the work of pancreas
– Control and stabilize blood sugar levels
– Repair and increase the function of the pancreas.
– Protect pancreas and damage caused by free radicals
– Regenerate beta cells of pancreas.
– Increase metabolism.
– Reduce fatigue.
– Reduce the excessive desire for high sugar food.
– Reduce excessive thirst.
AV LIV ACT, repair and optimize the work of liver
– Improve liver function that one of its functions is to regulate blood sugar
– Protect the liver cells
– Stabilize gastrointestinal / liver enzymes at the normal rate
– Clean the blood from toxins / poisons
– Get rid of nausea in hepatitis patients
AV GASTRO, repair and optimize the digestive system.
– Stabilize the stomach acid
– Relieve tension of gastric muscles
– Kill harmful bacteria in the gastric
– Get rid of nausea and vomiting
– Improve the digestive system
– Cure inflammation / infection of gastric and digestive system
AV URI K. Clean, repair, and optimize the work of kidneys
– Clean the sediment in the urinary tract
– Prevent the formation of kidney stones
– Scrape and decompose kidney stones
– Clean and remove sediment in the kidneys
– Improve the function of the kidneys in filtering and removing toxins / chemicals
– Healing kidneys inflammation.
HOW TO PREVENT OR LESSEN RISK OF DIABETES ?
- Reduce intake of high sugar foods and beverages
- Reduce high carbohydrate foods
- Eat vegetables and fruits more, except: durian, mango, and jackfruit
- Eat on time and stop eating before you’re full.
- Slowly eating, it makes your stomach feels full quickly
- Drink 8-10 glasses per day or 40 ml x your weight
HOW IS HEALTHY LIFESTYLE ?
- Stop snacking habits
- Get enough sleep (6-8 hours / day)
- Exercise routine
- Avoid stress
- Don’t drink alcohol
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat fried food less
- Eat boiled and steamed food more
- Avoid soft drinks
KEEP THE SPIRIT FOR HEALTHIER LIFE
When doctor said your blood sugar is high or you have diabetes, don’t think your life is over. Because there must be a cure to all diseases.
Each poison has its neutralizer and in every difficulty there must be a way out as long as you consult, not hide.
Many of us don’t want to be honest of what we feel about our health, maybe afraid to be known or perhaps embarrassed.
There’s something wrong with this concept, because it would be fatal if the disease’s known when it’s already severe.
It needs strong intention to recover and pray, then your disease will be easily controlled by this method :
1. EATING HEALTHY
– Ayurveda has a multi-focus approach to diabetes. Ayurveda recommends a combination of medicines, lifestyle (limit high sugar foods and simple carbohydrates because it would burden digestion organ because it is more difficult to be digested, eating small portions throughout the day, eat various wheat foods, complex carbohydrates and vegetables every day, less fat and use less salt). It is also important to avoid smoking, reduce alcohol intake, get enough sleep, check blood sugar levels and weight regularly, and maintain a healthy weight.
– Increase consumption of fruit in the morning until 12.00. Fruit has crucial role to neutralize toxins that trigger free radicals in the body and cause of organ damage.
– Ideally, your food proportion must be 60% vegetables, 30% protein, 10% carbohydrates with a half hour of mild exercise such as walking. Diet should include foods that aren’t too reactive or soothing and protein-rich foods such as soy products and vegetables such as spinach, green vegetables, and pumpkin.
– Although protein is a must but the intake should be limited so that it won’t burden kidneys’ filtering function. In addition, fat intake should be limited too as pancreatic enzyme deficiency makes it difficult to digest. A person with diabetes should avoid eating rice, potatoes, sweet fruit, white flour, wheat, red meat, and sago. S/he also should avoid sugar, sugarcane and sweet fruit juice. In the case of fruit, the good ones are orange and lemon.
– Ayurveda is the first source of the Doctrine of the food combining that is good and true, which are: less hazardous ingredients, increase energy, stimulate neutralizing of toxins and prevent digestive metabolic disorder.
2. AVOID STRESS
3. SPORTS REGULARLY AND MEASURELY
(Some YOGA movements are proven to stimulate the digestive organs and the pancreas. Example is attached)
4. CONSUME AYURVEDA AV
PRACTICING SIMPLE YOGA :
Everyday exercise is needed to manage diabetes. Yoga is very beneficial, particularly Asana like Paschimottanasana and Halasana, Pranayama, and Vajrasana.
Paschimottanasana (pash-ee-moh-tan-ahs-anna Seated Forward Bend, or Intense Dorsal Stretch
Benefit of Paschimottanasana posture are :
- Massage digestive organs
- Overcome obesity
- Prevent constipation
- Stimulate and stabilize insulin hormone production
- Stimulate liver, kidneys, ovary, and uterus, and is a movement that is benefit to overcome infertility for women.
- Lighten menopause symptoms and menstrual cramp.
- Flex lower back muscles
- Reduce headache / stress / mild depression and fatigue
- Good movement for therapy of normalizing high blood pressure, insomnia, and sinus
Halasana hah-lah-sah-nah or Plow Pose
Benefit of Halasana movement are :
- Calm the mind or reduce stress and fatigue.
- Stimulate organs inside stomach (kidneys, liver, and pancreas), thyroid gland, and spleen.
- Overcome digestive organ disorder (constipation and hemorrhoids) and activate digestive organs.
- Overcome backache, headache, insomnia, and sinus.
- Relax spinal cord
- Overcome infertility for women
Pranayama – breathing exercise in Yoga.
Breathing is one of vital functions in body. Appropriate breathing exercise will bring more O2 to blood vessels and brain, control energy of body. If Pranayama or breathing exercise is done while doing Yoga movement, it will become one of detoxification techniques that is good for body and protect energy and calming (anti stress).
Benefit of AnulomaViloma / Alternate nose breathing technique
By implementing AnulomaViloma correctly, it will produce optimum function to both sides of the brain: optimize creativity and logical verbal activity. This will make both sides of the brain function properly, the left side is responsible for logical thinking and the right side is responsible for creative thinking. This will produce a balance between one’s creative thinking and logical. Yoga experts believe this technique useful for calming the mind and nervous system.
One Round of AnulomaViloma (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
- Inhale through the left nostril, close the right nostril with thumb. Count to 4.
- Hold your breath, close both nostrils. Count to 16
- Exhale through the right nostril, close the left nostril with the ring finger and little finger. Count to 8.
- Inhale through the right nostril, make sure the left nostril closed with the ring finger and little finger. Count to 4.
- Hold your breath, close both nostrils, Count to 16.
- Exhale through the left nostril, make sure the right nostril closed with the thumb. Count to 8.
Kapalabhati is Breathing Technique used specifically for cleansing. It’s one of the traditional techniques of cleansing the body. This technique can be used as a warm-up before completing Pranayama breathing exercises.
One Round of Kapalabhati (Cleansing Breath)
Do twice normal breathing. Inhale, then exhale, and pull the stomach. Repeat up to 20 times, set the rhythm and emphasized on exhale.
Then inhale, exhale completely, inhale deeply and hold the breath for as long as you can. Slowly exhale. This technique is useful for cleaning the respiratory tract, such as nasal congestion liquid or chest tightness. The principle of this technique is to make the lungs like a pump, air pressure that is produced could throw a blockage in the respiratory tract, from the lungs to the nostrils.
There is a chance that the head may feel dizzy while doing this rapid breathing techniques, therefore it’s recommended to end the exercise with several slow breathing exercises or long exhalation. Kapalabhati is also suitable for headache and sinus therapy.
Vajrasana (vahj-rah-sah-nah,Adamantine Pose, Diamond Pose, Kneeling Pose, Pelvic Pose, and Thunderbolt Pose
This pose(sit on your heels with your knees flexed, toes sticking together and your knees a little wider than hip) is to improve the efficiency of the entire digestive system. It’s well done after a meal, especially for people who suffer from indigestion. This pose can strengthen the pelvic muscles that helps prevent hernias and helps women during childbirth. Vajrasana is the only meditation pose for people with soothing pain and groin infection. It’s very useful in removing various stomach disease such as stomach boils or gastric wall inflammation. Combine this pose with breathing technique of Yoga.